Project Name: Global Fund for Fighting HIV/AIDS
Donor: Global Fund
Partners: Global Fund
Project Location: 20 Districts of Ho Chi Minh City and 4 districts of Binh Duong Province
Target population: PLHIV, children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, negative sex partners of injecting drug users, men who have sex with men, female and male sex workers.
The project is aimed to improve the situation for people living with HIV (PLHIV), especially women and children infected or affected by HIV, female and male sex workers and men who have sex with men, through project implementation by local Community Based Organizations (CBOs).
Program specific objectives:
- Implement HIV related prevention, care, and support programs to vulnerable and most-at-risk populations including people living with HIV (PLHIV), especially women and children infected or affected by HIV, female and male sex workers and men who have sex with men.
- Develop and educate CBO groups to provide them with right knowledge, skills, material and information to successfully implement direct intervention activities on target groups.
- LIFE serves as supporter to CBO to provide CBOs with needed assistance in order to reach improvements.
Project major activities:
- Search for appropriate and motivated individuals to participate in CBOs. -> Stabilization of CBOs; provide them with education, material and skills essential for the project. Help CBOs to cooperate together and solve problems within the group.
- Reach target groups; support CBOs to map, identify and prioritize target groups.
- LIFE and other VNGO introduce and connect CBOs with AIDS prevention committees/Centers, health service centers, police and local authorities and other CBOs in order to create understanding for each other roles and spread the understanding of CBOs.
- Increased number of CBOs participating in the project (24 CBOs today compared to 12 CBOs in 2011)
- Improvement of computer skills among CBOs
- CBOs capable to solve more group problems independently
- CBOs have improved proposal writing and budget skills
- More confidence and stability among CBOs
- By the end of 2014, the CBOs in Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong provinces have reached 8,870 Men Sex with Men (MSM), 524 Injecting Drug Users (IDU), 613 Sex Workers (SW), 5,389 Primary Sex Partner (PSP) and 301 Orphan Vulnerable Children (OVC).